Friday, March 14, 2014

It's been quite a while!!

It's ironically funny that when things are going good, people tend to stop talking about it. I'm very guilty of doing so. It was October when I last posted. Since then, we have made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day. All without any issues. Every day he is doing wonderful and I'm so very thankful. Thankful that his medication continues to work, thankful that he is growing and learning how to handle his emotions better and thankful for the wonderful team he has at school that ensure he is successful every day.
Parent teacher conferences were this past week and he is nothing short of amazing! He is doing well in all subjects and is doing testing in the classroom, which was difficult last year. He's giving speeches in class and showing empathy to others..HUGE things to those who are on the spectrum. I'm so proud of where he is at now. I know at any time we could slip back into a dark place. I wait for those times again as I know we are not "home free". He makes me so happy and he really is a great kid!!
Just wanted to update things since it had been a while. I'll try to post more often but with school, it doesn't leave me much "blogging" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment