Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Student of the What?!?!?!

I got the heads up a couple weeks ago. His resource teacher told me that she picked him. I smiled to myself and didn't say a word. Then last Friday, in the weekly newsletter, there is his name under "STUDENTS OF THE MONTH" I am absolutely proud of him!! This is HUGE!!!! NEVER did I ever think that he would be student of anything!!! He didn't seem to be excited at all. Go figure!!! I got a call from the Teacher Leader telling me about it. They had an awards assembly and he was given an award in front of everyone!!! Also his picture taken to hang on the wall!!! Yesterday he got into the car and said "You'll never guess what is in my backpack" I started guessing all kinds of funny things. He said NO! You will never guess! Just wait and see. So when we got to my parents house (it was my brother's birthday so we went to visit him), I pulled out the award and ribbon that he got!! LOVE IT!!! I'm going to buy a frame and hang it on the wall. This is huge news in our house!!!
He's been having meltdowns at home but he's been awesome in school. I guess if I had to choose a place for him to melt, it would be home and not school. But it's not pretty and it wears my patience. Such is life I guess. We will just keep going, one day at a time and one foot in front of the other..

No comments:

Post a Comment